
Well I have finished school and I have a month before I start work. So I am relaxing at home and filling the time with serious unpacking, organizing, and repacking as well as some trivialities. It has been fun despite the fact things have not slowed down quite to the extent I had expected. What have I been doing with my free time? Well for this month I think my occupational title is professional bum. Lately I have been going to the book store and reading, get this, for fun! One of those small pleasures the college life is ill suited for. I am somewhat of a Sci-Fi fan and have been working my way through Issac Asimov's Foundation series. I really like his concept of Psycho-history; the idea that the actions of humanity treated as a mob can be statistically predicted. Although our real life equivalents may not match the author's conception there are many recent business management ideas and strategies that follow along the same lines. Plus I always love a good story, especially when It includes cool gadgets and maybe even a robot or two. Besides my forays in to the world of the future I have been digging into my closet and digging up fossils from my past. Recently I unearthed a prehistoric era Game Boy still covered in primordial ooze from the days of yore when I played with such a dinosaur. So I wiped it off and popped in Super Mario Land. After playing for a while I realized I had had the game for about 15 years and never beaten it. Hence I spent about an hour and made May 23rd 2007 a historic day as I defeated the evil alien boss with some unpronounceable Japanese name and saved the princess. Also In my spare time I have taken to playing an occasional game of tennis. I have been staunchly defeated on several occasions but feel I am improving. Hence life as of late has been good, having time to enjoy the simple things in life, and enjoying the company of friends and family.
No comments:
Post a Comment