Monday, October 15, 2007

Faaantastic Flying Fire (Adventure # 3)


Yes, I am an alliteration freak. So, why light torches on fire and fling them in the air mere inches from your face? For thrills, fame, or fool hearty frivolity? In March 1923, in an interview with The New York Times, the British mountaineer George Leigh Mallory was asked why he wanted to climb Mount Everest, and replied, 'Because it's there'. In a similar Mallorian fashion I shall reply "because I can" and leave the pondering of my sanity and reason to you.
Cheerio
:-)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

(hahaha....yes yes, but it's an illustration, Jonathan, an illustration ;-)
I was going more for the similarity of bohemian coffee-shop philosophy-talking progressives...;-) And how is CR these days? Is it cold yet?
cool pic, by the way. And alliteration is ALWAYS a good idea.)

Anonymous said...

Perhaps "because I can" is not sufficient reason for juggling flaming paraphernalia. However, one must admit that...fire rocks! Long live the Jester prosperously!

Grey said...

Because fire makes everything better.

Anonymous said...

Woo! Fire!

Andrea said...

I like to fly too!

P.S. Rene says hi

Anonymous said...

Wow!