Sunday, October 21, 2007

Question of the week

(Sorry no picture due to blogger problem)

If you met yourself randomly one day while in the checkout line at walmart, would you grow to be best friends or worst enemies? You have all the same experiences and joys, hopes, and fears. Yet you have all the same things to talk about. Would it be annoying or refreshing that you could end each other's sentences? Would it be comforting or terrifying that someone knew you completely?

If you met yourself would you like yourself?

5 comments:

paquito said...

All I can say is if you meet a mentally disturbed dual-booter with a phaser in one hand and a calculus book in the other...RUN!!!

Then call me so we can begin taking over the world.

Spaulding Lab said...

Again your comment gives ample occasion for a harty chuckle paco.

Paul Spooner said...

Oh man. I've thought about this quite often. A few things you missed, if you "met yourself in the supermarket" then you must have had slightly different experiances. Due to chaos theory this may lead to vastly different lives, depending on how long ago the divergence occurred.
Assuming the differences are neggligible I think I'd have to take myself home (one of us would be homeless if the divergence was recent enough!) and we could go to work on alternating days. That, or work two jobs. I would try to figure out why there are two of me, that would be important to know.

Spaulding Lab said...

LOL, I was more focusing on the emotional/relational side of things rather than the physical improbabilities. But thank you for your input I shall remember my engineering audience and make better clarification next time :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi how are you! this is your old speech teacher.

YOur random thought; what an interesting thought. You just inspired a communication activity I'm going to use.