Saturday, October 4, 2008

Dancing, Painting, and Farming




I feel exhausted, in a hearty "I have been doing something good for myself and others" kind of way. This weekend has been a welcome change of pace for me. For the past month I have been holed up in my room editing a film that seemed to have no end. And though I very much enjoy the filmmaking and editing process, I felt very much alone in the editing phase of the project. Happily the deadline for the competition was October 1st and I have now submitted the film and this weekend have been enjoying my freedom out and about with friends. Friday I went dancing with a few friends, Something which I had not done in quite along time. There is nothing quite like participating in music through movement that lifts my spirits so. And perhaps more importantly I reconnected old and forged new friendships with some fantastic people. Saturday morning I volunteered to help paint, and Saturday evening I spent with friends exploring a corn maze. A busy weekend but a good one, and its not over yet!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So when do we get to see this film masterpiece?