Wednesday, September 26, 2007

The Character of a Conveyance


Well It finally happened!! I got a new car! Well, technically it happens to be a used car, but it is new to me. This weekend I decided on an Accord with rather low mileage, while I was back home visiting. As you can see in the pictures it looks pretty slick for a practical type car.

Now All that remains is the naming. A couple more names have been added to the list:

Yorick
Demosthenes
Charlotte
Olivia
Goober
Gwendolen
Cecily

Naming cars has been something of a tradition in our household. One of our first cars was a Chevy cavalier. So of course with its trade name, and its prodigious nose, we christened it Cyrano, after Cyrano De Bergerac.

It was recently pointed out to me that most ships and vehicles in general are given female names, which narrows the choices a little. After much debate and a good long drive home I have chosen to name the car Charlotte after a famous fictional speller I read about as a kid.

Salutations

No comments: