
I was recently reminded that my life of late has not been as wild and exciting as it could be. Hence, today I dusted off my unicycle and decided it was time to try riding. Despite developing proficiency at other exotic sports, such as various forms of juggling, unicycling has up until today eluded my attempts at mastery. I'm not sure but I think my inner ear and the earth's gravitational forces are in league in a conspiracy against me. So to practice I traveled to a near by park parking lot. After a few lousy attempts and few terrific almost graceful wobbly falls I decided I was not leaving that parking lot until I was able to traverse all 10 spaces. So I continued practicing. A lot of grunts, prayers, and arm flinging topples went into the next few hours. A semi busy road bordered one edge of the park. A few times passing drivers rolled down their windows and shouted encouragement, which was very much appreciated. Finally after about 3 hours I made it all the way across the parking lot. I still have lots of room for improvement but its a promising start.
No comments:
Post a Comment