In preparing for the meal I decided to get a bottle of wine to go with the meal. After consulting with Robert, the french wine and piano playing aficionado above, I chose Merlot. When I went grocery shopping I was all ready to proudly whip out my licence as this was my first time buying. But the cashier just rang up the wine along with everything else with that blank zombie stare of an unimpressed teen. I was tempted to show my card anyway, but after my moment of being initially flabbergasted, I felt it was rather pointless.
We all enjoyed the meal, and then gathered around the piano and sang. With our hodgepodge of musical skills we found ourselves swapping and learning a little from each other on various instruments.
I don't think I will be able to plan one of these dinners each week, as was my initial idea, due to the amount of work involved in meal prep etc. However, I do look forward to planning out the next dinner.
1 comment:
Hehe, I had the same experience the first time I purchased alcohol. It was a bottle of Romulan Ale at Star Trek: The Experience in Vegas. The guy just rang it up and bagged it for me.
Post a Comment