Thursday, March 22, 2007

England (Scotland) Day 8

Edenborough Castle

This morning we had another great English breakfast including black pudding, a sausage like patty. from the B+B (ninewells) we drove to Edenborough. Unfortunately the castle was closed so we walked around the shops, visited the local Cathedral (St Gile's) and had lunch. Before we left I bought a Scottish plaid scarf, which I put on promptly as soon as we left the shop. From Edenbourough we took a beautiful drive through the Scottish countryside, over rolling hills on little winding roads. We stopped at a little B+B on a farm near Carlisle. The supplementary picture is the entrance to the farm. Daffodils were everywhere throughout our trip. For dinner we went into town and ate at Casa Romana, a local Italian place. They actually had Gluten free spaghetti! I was ecstatic, and the food was faaaantastic.


Scottish Countryside

3 comments:

TurboNed said...

Pudding for breakfast? The British are so weird.

Spaulding Lab said...

Well it is not what we would call pudding. It was more like a meat pancake. I thought it was quite tasty actually.

TurboNed said...

The tastiness of said meat pancake aside, my second statement seems to stand unopposed.